Organization: MetroParks of Butler County
Summary: Performs routine office operations and facility, program and field reservations. Provides park facility and program information to the public.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
• Performs reception duties, answers telephones and directs/routes inquiries and in-coming communications to the appropriate persons, departments or agencies in a timely manner. Disseminates MetroParks information and otherwise answers routine questions regarding park system facilities and programs.
• Facilitates all facility, camping and program reservations. Creates and distributes permits/leases and all appropriate paperwork to users and MetroParks personnel. Manages online reservations and registrations. Ensures total monies are paid for these reservations pursuant to policy.
• Assists the Manager of Visitor Services with Special Event, Athletic Complex and Practice Field procedures including inputting reservations, drafting contracts, collecting payment or other tasks as assigned.
• Assists the Facility & Event Manager with the scheduling of planning meetings and tours of the Ronald Reagan Lodge (Lodge, or other facility as assigned); retrieving the Lodge schedule or schedule from other facilities from the online reservation system on a daily basis and reports any changes to the schedule; helps managing the volunteers at the Welcome Center or other facility which may including interviewing and training of those individuals; responsible for updating the staff operations handbook for the VOA Welcome Center or other facility; selling and distributing fishing permits to customers of the VOA lake.
• Handles and distributes US mail and deliveries to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Coordinates, completes, reconciles, and files all MetroParks deposits for the Front Desk, Wheelhouse and/or Lodge. Deposits are to be made with MetroParks’ depository institution in a timely manner to ensure compliance with State regulations. Works closely with Financial Services to ensure correct use of account codes, verification of cash funds, and periodic compliance with audits of cash funds.
• Issues and/or sells Motor Vehicle Permits to customers at the Administration Building and/or the Voice of America Welcome Center and/or other facility and submits paperwork, as required. Assists in managing the Motor Vehicle Permit database, as directed.
• Distributes weekly park activity reports to appropriate personnel.
• Operates personal computers, scanner and common office equipment. Utilizes various software, as required. May drive licensed motor vehicles on behalf of Employer.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work unsupervised, to organize and coordinate, to prioritize and self-initiate, and to manage administrative or clerical tasks.
• The physical ability to perform labor and the tasks noted above is required of this position as well as possession of the ability to effectively, efficiently, and safely complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Must be able to communicate and deal tactfully and in a timely and effective manner with superiors, subordinates, co-workers, and the general public.
• Ability to maintain confidentially on sensitive issues and non-public records.
• Ability to maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with other staff members, volunteers and the staff of other agencies.
• Knowledge and skills to operate personal computers, scanners and common office equipment.
• Serves as a goodwill ambassador for MetroParks of Butler County at all times.
• Follows Board policies in MetroParks Personnel Policy Manual and in all other matters.
Required Education and Experience:
• At least a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Non-profit, governmental, park or similar agency experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of and experience with personal computer software operations including, but not limited to e-mail, word processing, and use of common office equipment. Requires keyboarding skills of at least 30 wpm.
• A valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record, allowing insurability by MetroParks current vehicle insurance carrier, under existing coverage provisions, at the time of employment and thereafter are also required. Candidates for employment may not have more than 4 total points (or equivalent penalty) issued by a recognized licensing authority for driving-related violations on his/her driving record at the time of employment.
• Excellent writing, basic mathematical competency and good communication skills with strong knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling are required.
• Good moral character with no history of serious criminal activity (felony convictions).
Work Environment & Schedule: Employment in this position is intermittent (0-28 hours/week). It could include extended hours at various times, including evenings, weekends and holidays. This position is generally performed in an office environment.
Physical Demands: General good health and ability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The position functions and responsibilities are illustrative only and do not represent all the duties or tasks to be assigned or performed by an employee with this position title.
Alternates to the above qualifications may be acceptable as approved by the Executive Director.