Organization: Contemporary Arts Center
Job Title: Teen Apprentice (2 available)
Reports To: Teen and Adult Programs Manager
Position Status: Quarterly 3-month position, Part-Time (6 hours a week), exempt
Compensation: $250 Monthly Stipend
SCOPE OF POSITION (General Description): This quarterly, part-time apprenticeship reports directly to the Teen and
Adult Program Manager and indirectly to the Creative Learning Director. They will work 6 hours a week alongside CAC
artists and educators. Apprentices are required to work 2 days a week (Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday) at the CAC
between the hours of 4-7pm. Main related responsibilities include assisting in the prep, teen promotion and facilitation of
Young Adult Lab and the Artist in Residence program. Other responsibilities include project brainstorming, assisting with
additional young adult focused events and collaborating with the CAC Teen Council when needed.
TEEN APPRENTICE SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Work with teens on art projects developed by the Artists in Residence or CAC Educators on two of the following
evenings: Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Collaborate with CAC Educators to develop art making projects tied
to our Young Adult Lab program.
- Assist with record keeping for teen programming.
- Assist the Artist in Residence and Teen and Adult Programs Manager with art material set up, program
facilitation, and welcoming visitors.
- Duties include assisting young adult visitors with evening programming, general customer service, visitor sign in,
photographic documentation, assist in set up and/or take down, assist Artists in Residents. Collaborate with CAC
Teen Council on the development of art projects.
- Help maintain the CAC Art Lab and its supplies. Assist in keeping the Art Lab orderly and clean.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ALL OF THESE DUTIES ARE TO BE DONE WITH OVERALL CAC BUSINESS IN MIND. THE PERSON IN THIS
POSITION WILL BE CONCIOUS OF OTHER CAC PROGRAMS, EXHIBITION NEEDS AND CAC POLICY AND
- Must be between 16-19 years old.
- The ideal candidate will have some background or interest in art and teen programs.
- Some computer skills; Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Google Doc
- Interest in contemporary art.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Work schedule is 6-8 hours a week. Applicants can select two of the following days to work: Wednesday 4-7pm,
Thursday 4-7pm, or Friday 4-7pm (some flexibility on the time).
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Aly Laughlin: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Contemporary Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all applicants will be considered for employment
without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran, or disability
ABOUT THE CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER:
The CAC is a catalyst for the freedom of artistic expression and the exploration of the creative process. We believe that
art and creativity are universal experiences with the power to illuminate the challenges we need to address as citizens and
societies to create a more equitable world. Driven by art, creators and other cultural thought leaders who engage with
powerful questions of our time we provoke new perspectives and alternative points of view. Through our innovative and
inclusive slate of programs, exhibitions, and services the CAC provides opportunities for encounter with trailblazing artists
both local and global, and with one’s own creative potential.
The CAC is a progressive organization from the inside out and inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility are its core
values. Embedded in the fabric of our community, and committed to lifelong learning, the CAC serves as an integral space
where people can reflect, create, collaborate, and connect around a more inclusive and sustainable culture of tomorrow.
Learn more at www.cincycac.org.