Organization: Cincinnati Public Library
June may be Pride Month, but supporting your Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning Plus (LGBTQ+) employees and partners should be a year-round effort. This webinar will provide a 101 overview of LGBTQ+ identities and the discrimination and exclusion experienced by the LGBTQ+ community. Participants will walk away with resources and action steps for creating a more inclusive work environment and an increased ability to serve the LGBTQ+ community.
We’ll discuss the LGBTQ+ legal landscape and lack of protections, an explanation of the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity (transgender and non-binary), and easy-to-implement policies and practices for a more culturally competent and inclusive organization.
Thanks to the generous support of Borealis Philanthropy, Candid is offering this live online training series to further a variety of conversations on diversity, Equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the social sector. This specific webinar series is free and open to the public.
You can access additional trainings in this series here. You might also want to check our eBooks collection on DEI.
1.5 CFRE point(s)
Please also note that Candid does not sell recordings of our live trainings after they take place. Access to the recording will be provided to registrants of the live training.
Upon completion of your registration, you will be receiving an email from our webinar platform, GoToWebinar. The email will contain your unique link to the live webinar.
• Describe LGBTQ+ identities and issues facing individuals and communities
• Analyze the effectiveness of your organization’s inclusive workplace practices and policies
• Practice inclusive strategies that improve engagement among your LGBTQ+ employees and partners
• All levels of experience
• Board members
• CEOs, executive directors, upper management
• Fundraising & development staff
• Grant writers
• Individual grantseekers
• Marketing, communications, external affairs
• Nonprofit startups
• Program directors and staff
• When you register for this webinar, you receive: a full recording, associated handout(s), if applicable