CREATIVE CINCINNATI MAYORAL FORUM
Topics: Affordable Housing and Racial Equity
March 31, 2021 @ 6:30-8:30 PM
Registration is full, but you can still watch the event live on Facebook.
On Wednesday, March 31st from 6:30-8:30 PM, a collaborative of local civic organizations are sponsoring a creative, nonpartisan voter education event that will feature candidates running for Mayor of Cincinnati. The forum will be held virtually, and will be open to the public.
The events of the last year, including the George Floyd demonstrations over the summer and recent discussions about developments and tax abatements at the City level, have kept the issues of racial equity and affordable housing at the forefront of policy discussions within Cincinnati. This forum’s conversation will center around these topics. The sponsoring organizations will determine the questions to be asked of the candidates.
● Gavi Begtrup
● David Mann
● Aftab Pureval
● Raffel Prophett
● Cecil Thomas
● Herman Najoli
The sponsoring organizations expect to hold a second candidate forum in the fall for the two Mayoral candidates running in the November election, and are in talks regarding City Council Candidate forums in the fall as well.
● Woman’s City Club of Greater Cincinnati,
● League of Women Voters of Greater Cincinnati,
● Action Tank, with support from ArtsWave
● Cincinnatus Association
● Junior League of Cincinnati
● Sigma Gamma Rho
● Greater Cincinnati Voter Collaborative
● New Leaders Council Southwest Ohio
● Invest in Neighborhoods
● Green Umbrella
● Urban Appalachian Community Coalition
● Housing Opportunities Made Equal (HOME)
● Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
Action Tank is calling for Cincinnati residents to respond creatively to the following prompt:
Choose ONE of the following questions:
1. What is broken about Cincinnati?
2. What should our local government leaders prioritize?
3. What is your hope for Cincinnati?
Residents can submit artistic responses in any form they wish, including but not limited to visual art, music, poetry, recipes, memes, or videos.
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. These submissions will be shared on the screen throughout the forum by a team from Dpict.